1. Mix patterns of different sizes (i.e. a bold graphic floral with a subtle pinstripe).
2. Mix a neutral colored pattern with a multicolored pattern.
3. Mix a simple pattern (like stripes or dots) with a more complex pattern (like floral or plaid).
4. Mix patterns that are in the same color scheme.
5. If you're gonna go crazy with color, mix subtle patterns rather than graphic patterns.
Does this help you mix patterns? It's really a lot easier than you think. Just start trying stuff on together and your eye will tell you what works!